Friday, April 20, 2012

Homemade Sausage Spaghetti Bolognese


I was so inspired to try this out when I first saw the pic from 9gag the other day. So, last weekend when I was feeling so bored sitting at home, coincidentally my house kitchen has all the ingredients I need for making this pasta. =)

The ingredients needed: 
- a can of tomato puree for the spaghetti sauce
- two or three more fresh tomatoes (to be diced later)
- a pack of sausages
- a small bowl of minced chicken
- spaghetti (but I used angel hair for this 'experiment)
- onion, olive oil, sea-salt, ground black & white pepper, sugar
 

Step 1 - The Sauce: Cook the sauce by heating some olive oil and finely chopped onions into the saucepan. Next, add in the minced chicken and stir fry them. Then, chuck in all the diced tomatoes and let it boil for about 5 minutes before pouring the tomato puree. Add some ground pepper and sugar according to one's preference. 


Step 2 - The Pasta: Cut the sausages into few parts (I cut 5 parts from 1 sausage.) Break the spaghetti into half and poke them through the sausages. This would take quite some time though.


Chuck them into boiling water and add a few drops of olive oil and sea salt thereafter. Boil it until the noodles are soft and carefully take them out and drain all the water away. Run the pasta through some filtered cold water for a while before placing them on plates. Then, put the sauce on the spaghetti and it's good to go already! ^^

Tada, lunch for the family is ready to be served! 

My simple sausage spaghetti before putting them into my mouth! hahaha.. Try it yourself, it's fun!... Kids will especially lurve them...

til then, ttfn! ^^

1 comment:

fei said...

Can b a gud mum liao....