Saturday, September 24, 2011

Queenstown's BelowZero Ice Bar

There are two 'Ice Bars' located in Queenstown alone and we decided to give BelowZero a go as it is a fairly new bar in town. I was set to go to this Ice Bar place the second I saw the pamphlet at our accommodation.



Why am I so eager? The answer is simple because everything from the walls, to the sculptures and even the glasses they serve their cocktails and mocktails are created from ice! How cool is that huh! ^^


Oh, and this place only serves vodka cocktails and nothing else. *me likeyyy*


We were 'given' with a pair of gloves and warm jacket each before entering to the minus 5 degrees bar. Upon entering to the room, I immediately start shooting away with my camera! hahahaa...


Polar bear with two bottles of... Absolut Vodka!


Myself & second sis sitting in the ice sculpture gondola...


All of us.... Andrew, Qianqian, myself, Fun & Pin...


hehe... a pic with this young bartender before he make drinks for all of us...


My glass of Green Eskimo - a mixture of Absolut, Midori, Malibu, topped with pineapple juice. The bartender said it's the strongest after I've placed my order, but I can't feel it... Which part of it is strong? Where? hahahaha...


.. and 4 glasses of mocktails for the others.. Arctic Sunset, Silly Seal, The Icicle & The Husky...


Us with our ice cold glass and drinks in it...


Us at the bar...


Glasses made from ice..


With cheerful looking vodka cocktails!



Before I conclude, here's one more collage of me and some ice sculptures in the ice bar...


Ice cool bar experience... once again, priceless!

til then, ttfn!

1 comment:

Patrick Douglas said...

superb nice post.......sharing information related to Queenstown Bars