Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Job search

It's been three weeks since I came back from my trip to Shanghai and I've been trying to look for a stable job back home now. Three weeks passed, what have I done during the past days?

So far, I've applied to about 10 jobs from some of my favourable companies, and yet none of them have called to arrange an interview yet. Sighh.... I've gotten a call from one of the companies saying they've received my resume and will proceed to arrange a test for me to go through though... That's it!!

Where are the HR pesonnels from the other 9 companies???? I can only wonder now.... Am I not competent enough for all the roles I've applied? I didn't attach any of my photos in my CV and I didn't even write my expected salaries there... So, what is the problem now?

Arggghhh... I'm getting more and more frustrated now... Initially I plan to start my new career/a new life this coming December, but looks like my hopes will be crush soon.... very soon I know... Well, I'll just simply apply for jobs if I didn't get a call from any of them in 10 days time... TQVM I'm going to sign out already. T_T

6 comments:

~*MeLiA*~ said...

even with a master degree from UK u're still facing the same prob as me?? Its really frustruating... i mean all these companies!!!

sunset2712 said...

yeah... maybe what i've studied is no use here? =(

~*MeLiA*~ said...

No.. I think it's Malaysia's problem..and yet they say we graduates are picky.. I mean WTF man.. they expect us degree grads to do asst executive job for just rm2000 pay... IN KL??

how not to be picky....

fei said...

seriously, 10 applications are not many, leehoon.....imagine i applied like more than 20-30 companies when we first graduated....n likely more than not, big companies usually takes about a month or two before they finally starts the interview sessions...so, if you are seriously desperate for job, i suggest you apply for smaller companies whilst waiting for the bigger companies....

sunset2712 said...

fei, thanks for the advice... i'll try others.... =)

fei said...

btw, i realise the HR mgr that calls u for d cert, apparently she's not v.good at follow-ups...probably u can call for Ms Sonia Wong...she's another HR mgr for tax (this one guarantee she will reply cause she replied to my queries the moment she came back from her holidays)......but, so far these 2 months macam no new intake..so, probably they r still in the midst of processing....