Monday, September 6, 2010

Taste of Italy

"Inspired by his passion for Italy, Jamie (The Naked Chef) has opened a group of "neighbourhood" restaurants, called Jamie's Italian, offering authentic and great quality Italian food on the high street."

... and I so happen to have the chance to dine in one of his restaurants in Liverpool two days ago. I went over to SueWei's place and she suggested we go dine at Jamie's coz I don't want to take Chinese that evening...

3 of us went, ordered a 3 course, and came back with a super filled stomach.

To start, each of us ordered an appetizer and shared among ourselves... More varieties, and happy me... Gorgeous food ahead...

I've had great bruschetta during the last trip in Malta and when I saw the word bruschetta on the menu, I've made up my mind instantly to order that, and I was quite disappointed when the waiter placed this plate on the table.

My first comment was, "Hey, how come it's different from the ones I had before this?!!" But I take back my words when I had the first bite on it. They're still good despite the normal looking bread you see from the pic below. Not as awesome like the ones I had before, but still acceptable.


Our starters.


Chargrilled ciabatta rubbed with garlic, drizzled with olive oil and topped with crab with chilli, lemon and mayo.


Crispy squid with garlic aoli dips


Smokey Mozzarella Arancini - Crispy rice balls stuffed with mozarella and mushrooms, served with a spicy dressing.

My main course. No pictures of the others coz I was too engrossed with my own food. *shy*

Wanted to have pasta, and so I ordered a portion of Prawn Linguine! Anything with prawns are perfect for me! Can't go wrong with prawn options everytime... <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ku-K15wDaqY/TIPHFzPmbtI/AAAAAAAAGjc/YeZRcPMDM3Q/s1600/IMG_7084.JPG">
My awesome prawn linguine... with tomatoes, chilli (spicy one!) rocket and fennel.

and for the sweet fairies in us... Dessert time!

Again, was very lazy to capture each dessert by itself.. So, one shot, and we're set to dig in! LOL


Top left: Chocolate raspberry brownie with bourbon vanilla ice cream. Top right: House special Tiramisu, Bottom: My awesome chocolate and espresso tart, with sticky glazed figs and orange creme.

The chocolate and espresso tart is soooo freaking good!! Taste was super rich and thick.... Had a very good choice in deciding to have this coz initially I plan to order tiramisu as well.. hahahaha...

Anyway, I had a very good time chatting and eating together with one of my best friends. She's going back in two days (for a few weeks) and by the time she is back to UK, I am already back to my home sweet home... Think we'll only meet next year when she goes back for a break... =(

More updates on food later! My dinner time now...

til then, ttfn!

1 comment:

Ken said...

Chargrilled ciabatta and Smokey Mozzarella Arancini look salivating!

=)