Monday, June 21, 2010

Theatre Under The Stars

The Minack Theatre.... Is undoubtedly Cornwall's internationally famous "Theatre Under the Stars"!

I have heard of this place since last year when my housemate was talking about how amazing this place was. At that point of time, I thought to myself, "I'm sure it's overrated"... But after I've been there myself... I really lurve it!

Pictures turned out great! But this can't do justice to the feeling when you are actually there yourself... Why? Coz this place is really really breathtakingly beeaauuttiffuulllll.... *full stop*

My story now. We (Me, 2nd sis, BIL, and nephew) rented a car to have a road trip to the south-west of UK. One of the stops was none other than the infamous Minack Theatre... We departed from our last stop Bristol after breakfast and headed to the Eden Project, which I won't be telling here, coz it's not the main point! hahahaah... Then after that, we headed straight to this theatre.

By the time we reached the place, it's about 4pm already, and Minack Theatre closes at 5pm for their daytime visiting. We were very lucky coz as we head into narrow road, 4 tour buses was at our opposite direction. Yay to us coz we don't need to be in a very crowded attraction! XD

When we reached the place, our car was practically parked with not more than 5 other cars in that whole parking space! ^^


See.... I like attractions with little people.. Means there won't be annoying background of other people in our pictures!! *super happieee*


The theatre is located at Porthcurno. Actually, it was the first time I know this place... hahaha..


The Minack Theatre and Visitor.

This place has the most spectacular view of the from a cliffside. It's really unique and creative. All these have to thanks to the creator of the theatre, Rowena Cade.



I will show more pictures instead of crapping further...

So, here goes....


The first picture of myself with a very very superb background...


Minack Theatre...



There are lots of plants thrive on the open cliffside, and this added more colours to the place too! One of them is my favourite colour, PURPLE!!





I can't stop snapping away with my camera, even my nephew keep on pestering me to let him have a few shots... LOL

More pics...


Sun glaring!! It was very windy there, and I am angry with my hair coz it was really in a mess. Wanted to take a decent pic of me also soooo difficult!



When the wind stopped blowing for like an instant, my sis would snap a pic of me, until I was satisfied with it. LOL...


This is one of the many many many attempts we took.




The theatre, where performances were held here...


It so happens that there are none shows available during our visit. I wanted to watch Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story, but they are only performing in July... Wasted...





This place was voted as one of the world's top best open-air events by Lonely Planet and I absolutely agreed with them! XD

Not for events, for normal photo taking session also damn niceee!! ^^




My shadow...

Aww.... Wish to go back there for another time, but I don't think I will in the neat future... So what left are the fond memories and pictures taken...






This picture was taken after trying about more than 20 shots at the exact same spot! LOL. My hair was blowing like a crazy lady and I refuse to tie my hair up... *stubborn mode on* I got so fed up and finally settled with this picture and move on to the next spot.

It's the Rowena Cade exhibition. It shows and tells ur the story of the creator of this place who enjoyed the gentility of Victorian Cheltenham and grew up to build an internationally famous cliffside theatre with her own hands. The story of how a local village play in 1929 led to the seventeen week summer season now staged in the Minack’s 750 seat fully equipped auditorium. (taken from Wiki)





We wanted to stay longer but time forbid us in doing so coz we have another attraction to go to after Minack Theatre.. So many places to go, but we just have 3 days to go about. So, without wasting any more time, off we go to the other place!

Will update on 'the other place' in the next entry...

til then, ttfn!

No comments: