Saturday, June 26, 2010

Stonehenge

I've finally came to Stonehenge!!! I've always wanted to visit this place when I first came to UK in 2006 but never really got the chance to do so... Why would I wanted to go there so badly? Yeah, becoz of one reason... Coz it's one of the Wonders of the World! Although the 'Wonders' are always changing and changing...

So there...

Welcome to Stonehenge!! Now, Stonehenge remain as one of Britain's most recognised monuments...




These stones are actually a quarter of the size of the 'real' monument.

Alright, pictures ahead!



and even more similar pictures ahead! hahahaha... They are taken at several different angles though... There's actually a lot difference in every picture... Some are zoomed nearer, and all of them are taken at different spots. =)

Here's one of the very first few I took.... of myself in it of course! LOL




Me and my nephew who came to visit for two weeks..

... and the rest are pictures of the monuments itself... *still admiring them*




I find the two stones in the middle so tiny compared the one at the outer circle... Cute...








This is the Heelstone and me.

Excerpt from Wiki (as usual)
The Heel Stone lies just outside the main entrance to the henge, next to the present A344 road. It is a rough stone, 16 feet above ground, leaning inwards towards the stone circle. It has been known by many names in the past, including "Friar's Heel" and "Sun-stone". Today it is uniformly referred to as the Heel Stone or Heelstone. When one stands within Stonehenge, facing north-east through the entrance towards the heel stone, one sees the sun rise above the stone at summer solstice.

Paying a visit to Stonehenge is worth the money... But some disagree with me and decided to see the Monument and shoot pictures of it from the outside...

This gentleman carries a professional camera and yet not willing to pay about £7 to have a closer look at it...



Actually, we're not that close to the stones itself... Definitely more than 10 or 20 feet away? Look at the below picture...


We're so far away from the monument at one point I find it hilarious looking at the teeny weeny human beings gawking/ admiring the 'Wonders of the World'... =) I'm definitely one of them... LOL

We can't touch or go near the actual stone, so this one will substitute them... ^^



There's a souvenir shop there and now I am sooo regret I didn't get this Stonehenge Magnet collection!! They're beautiful, right?!!



Will see whose going next and will ask them to help me get this back... hahaha...

Til then, ttfn!

2 comments:

Ken Jun said...

yea, stonehenge shud be inside one of the wonders of the world.no doubt about that but those committee fellas keep rotating=.=

- L O I - said...

can go in and touch the stone one...but need to make booking for the special excess.... normally is before opening and after closing...

last time we were the first group of Malaysian (summer student) went in ......and it was so funny the guard kept shouting us DO NOT TOUCH the stones but after 15 mins he gave up ....cos we were all around, lying, hugging, pretending to push..... hahahaha