Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Westlife "Where We Are" Concert

Date: 10th of May 2010
Time: Approx 8.30pm to 10.30pm
Venue: Sheffield Arena

I'll be efficient this time! One day after the concert, and here I am, blogging about it already. =) It's a pain in the neck editing all these pictures coz majority of them are crap! Don't get me wrong, the guys were wonderful, it's just my seating are so farrrr away from the stage hence, the poor quality of pics as a result.


My concert ticket... Row 13. Not too good, but it's not bad too...

I've secured a pair of the concert ticket on the very first day when they came on sale! That's way back in December 2009 yo!


The arena before the concert... Not full yet...

Ok, so Feifong went to the concert with me and we were there just in time! When we were seated, the guest artists came out about a minute after that! Phew... I have not heard of Wonderland before, but they've done very well by opening the show... I haven't got any pix of them though...



Westlife's concert were amazing! I wasn't as excited compared to the 2008 concert, but hey, I've really enjoyed myself to the max too! hahaha... Their backdrop were not as grand as the previous concert maybe it's bcoz of the economy downturn? hhhmmm...

Anyway, It was so good to seeing Nicky, Shane, Mark and Kian on stage singing their hearts out to all the fans in the arena!

I am actually bias coz during the concert, my eyes are mostly focused on Nicky the whole time. From time to time, I'll switch my attention to Shane and then back to Nicky again... Why? Coz I liked them most in the band. As simple as that... ^^


Here's one Nicky


... and Shane

The guys opened the show by singing their tour theme, "Where We Are" and I was very excited coz I've memorized the lyrics to the whole song before the concert... Then followed by What About Now, When You're Looking Like That, My Love, Uptown Girl, Swear It Again, Mandy and If I Let You Go... I could remember to the song list! For the first time!!! Hahaha, Nah, I can't. I recorded them so that is why it's so clear to me. XD

The guys did dance in a few attempt, and I particularly lurve the ones before they sang 'Uptown Girl'. So adorable ok! ^^

Apart from their latest album, I can sing to all of their songs without referring to the lyrics and I am amazed too coz the last time I actually sing-along to their song was two years back! LOL... Guess growing up with Westlife's song really left a mark deep inside.. =)


Shane, Kian, Nicky (hey, look this way!) and Mark...


Westlife.... XD

They performed about 5 songs or so, took a break to change, and came out with this attire... ALL WHITE!! *drools*

Second set of outfit... Sung Shadows, Home, and I'm already there...


Charming..... *faint* All the guys looking great here... I noticed Mark put on quite a lot of weight though... Is it bcoz of the white outfit? Perhaps... ^^

Nicky was really cute and cheeky at the same time. Eating Maltesers on stage, throwing them to the audience and to Shane, making lots of cute cute gestures! Aww... Lurve him to bits! hehehe...


Nicky eating Maltesers.... I bought a packet of them today coz it reminded me of him! hahahaha


Was about to pop that into his mouth... *kewt*


Shane and Nicky!!!!!!!!!!

Third set of outfit... I lurve this the most of it's the most colourful and cheerful looking one! ^^



During this set, they sung songs by other artists. I only knew two songs out of the few they performed... One of them is I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas and another one is Halo by Beyonce. Nicky was really hyper and I was very busy too! Busy shooting and recording! hahaha...


Here's a collage of my favourite Westlife, Nicky Byrne! XD


Kian showed of his guitar playing skills to the audience and it's just great!


I don't think the rest of them could play any music instruments as I have never seen them played in public before... Well, not all people are perfect though... lol


Look at Shane... Don't know what makes him laugh til so happy...


Look at Shane again... He forgotten to the lyrics of "Sex on Fire" and all he could do was laugh it off! Smart Shane!!! It was so funny looking at his funny expression... LOL



By this time about 3 quarter of the show has past...


and it's colourful confetti time!!

The guys went back stage and change to the second last outfit for the night.

...and this thing appear...


Was is this? Robot? Well, I'm not sure what is it but just took a pic of it first! lol...


Got fireworks coming out from it somemore! Super robot?! hahahaha...

and the guys re-appear and brought us to a string of songs including my favourite song from them! What Makes A Man... A big WOW from me when I knew what they are about to sing... hehehe... The live version of this song makes this song sound even better! It's not the first time I hear them sing live of What Makes A Man, but everytime I see them performing this song, I can't help but to sing-along... =)


Nicky again... XD


Think this was when the guys are performing Flying Without Wings...

Also another favourite! Not only by me, but also the rest of the audience! The whole arena was singing in unison and it's a darn good feeling! One of the reasons why I lurve concerts so much... =)


Nicky again, and again... ^^

This was towards the end of the concert already. When they guys went back, the arena went crazy and shoted 'encore' until they came out at last....

..and Westlife came out with a formal suit.


All in black this time.


That's Nicky and his Dad at the centre of this picture...


Little Kian and his Dad...



It was kinda emotional when the guys sang 'I'll See You Again' during the encore session as slideshow of Kian & Nicky's dad were shown on the screen. Am sure their Dads are very proud of son even they're not physically around to support them.

They guys close the show with You Raise Me Up which I think is the same as the previous tour two years ago. Time past sooooo quickly and my long waiting of this concert soon came to an end. I was very happy to have seen them perform this time as I don't know when will I be able to see them live in concert in the future.


Westlife going backstage....

To sum it all, I'm still in awe of how good the concert was although the duration was kinda short... Well, I'm used to 'Western' concerts now... Most of them is about 2 hours or so only... =(

One word before I end this, AWESOME!!!

6 comments:

bloodbubble said...

Row 13 is not that bad. I only seen them live when they were guest at leehom's concert XD

sunset2712 said...

Yeah, the seat was ok. Just the audience! All of them are so hyper, and I am so short... So it's very difficult to get good shots of the guys especially Nicky.

LOL... I've seen them a few times when they went to Malaysia for promo/ events/ concerts many years back...

×l金发和尚l× said...

Sunset, When did they come to Malaysia? But why i never knew about it...

sunset2712 said...

Hi 金发和尚, Westlife used to go to Malaysia often, but it was many many years back... I remembered it was during their first album release in 1999, then a concert in 2000 and 2001... =)

vince_carter97 said...

did you buy their concert 的周边产品?
like tee shirt..

sunset2712 said...

Hi vince_carter97, i did not buy any tees from their merchandise stalls... just got myself the programme book...