Friday, March 12, 2010

Delayed updates: Chatsworth House

Been lazy to blog about the places that I went during my previous trips, so here they are... Will try to update several other day trips/ vacations that I went slowly (not so slow-larh actually, plan to do it before my next trip!) hehehehehe...

This one happened approx 3+ months ago when my mum, sis, niece and nephew came over to attend my convocation ceremony in November.

We shall proceed to a day trip to Chatsworth House (again!)... Been here for the 3rd time in two years! ^^

Date: 24-11-2009

Only Mum, SueWei and myself went to visit Chatsworth House coz my sister wanted to do more shopping in the City with her kids... Oh well....

Erm, some parts of the House were under construction the time we went there...

The first thing once we entered into the House area, we were being greeted with these little notes from people that have written these messages... *heartwarming* Message to Santa mostly! hahahaha...



Think the theme was The First Noel... Very christmassy feel coz the whole house was decorated with lots of Christmas trees, with even more ornaments and such...



There were also different art work from primary school children in that area as well!



The Ugly Duckling... Awesome huh!!



Now let's take a stroll in the house starting from The Chapel (below)



This prayer room was built and decorated by the 1st Duke of Devonshire... So grand, even their ceiling was super awesome!



We next go to the living room which by now have been decorated with lots of Christmas stuff...



Hahaha, my reflection on the purple ornament. =)



Mum especially requested me to take a pic of this big framed picture coz she lurves the scenery of the house and its surroundings...



...and here's the Grandhildren's Tree... Why is it named so? Bcoz.... it was decorated by the Duke and Duchess' grandchildren...



We walk, walk, walk, look, see, admire and everything in between and come to this place!

Costume time! This is my dear friend Suewei and myself with mum at the background trying on one of the many costumes they provided... =)



From the Costume changing place.... Great big hall!!!



Part of the house was closed... but the path that we walked still being decorated nicely... My mum and I, going to the library...



I lurve this pic! A big mirror with reflection of the magnificent ceiling!



Some star-shaped ornaments...



Then we stumbled across this little corner... Origami geese? of some birds basically... Nice ones...



....and come the Great Dining Room! Gosh, how I wish I can have an experience of dining in such luxury and posh dining hall *daydreaming*



see those cutlery and tableware!



and also this another little corner right beside the great dining room... Origami session for the public!



A very simple Swan... folded by yours truly! It's my first time folding a paper swan.. Not bad for a beginner... hehehehe



Think we were almost done looking at the house... Oh, here are some masks decorated on one of the many many many Christmas trees there...



It was about lunch time so we stopped and rest for a moment while having lunch at the cafe area.... Boy, the sandwiches are so darn expensive!!!!!!!!! I forgotten how much is it, the point it, it is damn expensive! T_T

Now, we're about to explore the Garden area!



The House.... Pride and Prejudice were filmed here yo!



Compared to the previous times I was here for a visit, this time around, they've added quite a lot of art sculpture/ art pieces/ or generally some artistic stuff on the garden...

This is one of them which I have no idea what the name if this sculpture is... Think they'll replace these sculptures like every year coz I've been to the official site to look at it, but they've already been replaced by other stuff now...



and this... a giant and fat naked couple...



There's a maze! I've been standing at this very same spot for 3 times already! hahahaha...



At the bottom of the Cascade.... There wasn't a fish the last time I visited this place... New entry to the Garden collection... Good strategy to earn money... Add some new stuff, and attract visitors yearly!...



One more art work/.... This was very unique, but kinda scary when you stare at it for a long time... ^^



It started to drizzle for a bit and we were quite tired by all the walking so I suggested we go back to Sheffield earlier so that we will have time to walk around the City Centre before all the shops are closed... It was SW's first time visiting Sheffield that day... So, bring her jalan-jalan for a bit...

Here's one last picture of the entrance to the House before we left the place...



phew, updating this is not as easy as I expected it to be. Took me about two hours choosing these pictures and type those short short captions! hahahaha...

Will update on more short trips soon! Cheers...

til then, ttfn!

No comments: