Monday, March 15, 2010

BA cabin crew strike 2010!

Current mood: Worse than a dozen of rotten eggs!

I was over the moon on Thursday when I got back my passport and new visa from the Home Office but that mood didn't really last long.. About 30 hours or so after that, my my mood practically dropped to negative 100 points when I saw a link that my friend forwarded to me. At first I thought he was just joking with me coz he text-ed me and I did not take it seriously so I asked him to send the link to me email. I was working at that moment, after reading the news, I was really speechless, and not to mention felt so so so darn terrible!

Cabin crew from BA will go on a strike and this does affect me! I was scheduled to fly on one of those days they were going on a strike! *sigh* I do not know what to do coz I don't really like to surf from my phone (the screen's small and I'm an impatient person)...

Got back from work and looked for more information regarding the strike.

The very first site I went is of course the official website itself...



There's still a chance that my flight will go on as usual, but the other half of the chance is that the flight that I am taking will be cancelled as well. I don't want to rebook another flight from another airlines right now coz I am afraid that once I've re-booked (with a BIG possibility that the prices will be much more expensive), the original flight will go on as how it is. Gggrrr....

Here's a screen shot of what I see from my bookings...



Subject to disruption!!!



Tried calling their customer service and what I get back in return was some recorded operator's voice saying that their line was busy and asked me to hold on the line. I've waited for more than 15 minutes and finally hung up coz I can't wait any longer! It was a 08 4xxx number mind you, and their charges are super duper high!!! Every minute I wasted costs me like... er I'm not sure about the cost, but it's expensive! If they were to compensate me my phone bills then it would be great! But the sad truth is that they wont! damnit...

Went to work moody the next day. Kept thinking of the case and twittered about it. I was not aware that they have an official Twitter account... Not long after I've posted the tweet, there's a reply to me. Good. At least I have a response from their side personally.



It's been 3 days since the news of the strike has been announced and I am still awaiting for a confirmation on the schedule. Felly so darn anxious just thinking about it. What I can do now is continue waiting. Will wait til this Friday and if there isn't any more updates by then, am going to call again then... Grrr...

No comments: