Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yummilicious Homecooked Dinner

One of my housemates was filled with enthusiasm few days ago : to cook!! Homemade dinner with five dishes and a very filling dessert as well. Myself and the rest was at our respective rooms doing our own stuff and that girl still have all the enthusiasm to prepare to meal for us... Oh ya, it was the first time she prepared all the food herself without help from any other people... Awww, really touched! ^^

Here's what we had:

Vegetarian dishes...



Mixed vegetables that consist of celery, carrots, Shiitake mushrooms, buttom mushrooms, and enoki mushrooms... Although I lurve mushrooms, but they're stir fried together with celery which I don't take.. So, I passed on this dish.




This one's her own creation. Stir fried potato and carrot strips with lotssssss of black peppercorns and herbs. The potatoes are kinda crunchy... I'm not sure whether they're fully cooked or not... LOL...


Non-vegetarian dishes



Another stir fried dish of mixed vegetables with button mushrooms, Chinese leaf, dried shrimps, dried scallops and Chinese Sausage. *slurp*



Hainanese chicken. Not Hainanese chicken literally, they're English. Or also can be known as White Cut Chicken. The girl specially went to the library and loan a recipe book to make this dish! I'm not sure how's the progress and ingredients needed, but I think it should be something like this. Not bad for first attempt of this!


Last one...

Okay, I made this soup... Herbal soup with ribs that Mum packed for me into small packets... I'm still not tired of this soup (Mum packed for me 3 different types of soup ingredients) and will continue to make them hopefully once a week! Weeeeeeee....




One final picture before we dug our fork and spoons into the dishes!



What we had for dessert? Fresh cut fruits (i.e. Green and Red Apples), grapes and strawberries...! XD

Enjoyable meal at home is the BEST... ANYTIME~~~!

(It will be better if they're all Mum's cooking... heheheh)

3 comments:

Ken Jun said...

how could u not eat the celery. it shud taste great..and ya, regarding the stir fried potato, I don't think the potato is cooked! because I have yet to eat stir-fried potato to date..pls do not tell ur fren=p

sunset2712 said...

how could i not eat celery? coz of the smell!!! can't stand it! hahaha...

hahaha i wont tell her that... but it's edible la... people's effort must not to go waste =)

bloodbubble said...

i can't stand celery either- the smell is ughhhh! LOL