Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve Dinner

I didn't have any plan until that evening when my housemates asked all of us to dinner at an Italian restaurant in town. I wasn't really in the mood for any outing for the past few days but still tagged along at the end of the day...

After all, it's New Year's eve - the last day of the year! 2009 have been a mixture of both good and bad times... Anyway, it's just another reason to celebrate and party though.



So, they've decided to go to this Italian restaurant ASK. It was my first time stepping my foot into the place and my first impression was , "Wah, why this place so bright?" The place has plenty of lighting and it's great! Won't be so gloomy when taking pics later.. ho ho ho

ASK offers a wide variety of food from pasta to salad to pizzas, etc. I was indecisive on what to have but finally decided to give their seafood risotto a go! It wasn't something to shout out about, nice but not great!


Risotto Frutti di Mare ~ A rich risotto boasting king prawns, clams, mussels and squids, creamily prepared in white wine, garlic, spring onion and tomato £11.95


Here's me with my seafood risotto before I start indulging in it... =)

Main course aside, I think the most exciting part and also the best was their dessert! Hahaha... We ordered 3 desserts to share among ourselves and it was no disappointment! =)

Let's see what we had...

First... Honeycomb Cheesecake £4.95

It's a very creamy cheesecake on a cookie base, sprinked with lotsa honeycomb chocolate pieces *droolz*


Second... Sticky pudding £4.95

A very rich chocolate pudding, with a super rich sticky toffee sauce. (Too sweet for my liking though, the rest thought it was awesome!)

Third... Chocolate Nemesis.. also £4.95

My personal favourite (coz I ordered this, ho ho ho)... Irresistible hot chocolate pudding with a rich molten heart of chocolate sauce, served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Fuuh... the chocolate sauce that was oozing out from that pudding, is simply the best!


8 of us... VP, Carl, Me, SH, SY, Edmund, Peg Yee, and Xian's Mum...

We were happily chit-chatting for quite some time until I said I wanna make a move home first. The rest went on to second round at some pub (I'm not sure which) and then continue to club and have countdown there... Then myself and SH went back home and my last hour of the year was spent in front of the computer chatting with friends! *still happy*

One last pic before I close this entry... =)


Myself, and the rest!

ttfn!

2 comments:

bloodbubble said...

the pics of all the desserts are making me hungry

sunset2712 said...

hahaha more food pics to come!