Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lunch at Le Bistrot Pierre

Went to Nottingham to meet Siew Siew coz she'll be going back to Klang tomorrow.

I was supposed to meet her earlier but my alarm clock decided to fail me and I reached Notts at about 12.30pm. Then she brought me over to this place called Le Bistrot Pierre; a restaurant that serves French food with some fantastic choice on their menu at outstanding value! £11.95 for a 3 course set lunch, not bad after all! =)

So, without wasting any more time, I'll introduce to you what we had... *droolzz*

To start, we had....


Brioche et champignons - Toasted brioche with fricassee of mushrooms. This was like so so so so freaking good! They're served with fresh French bread & Lescure butter...

Then I had the soup of the day... Tomato soup!


Ignore the green stuff on top.. I don't think its coriander coz I can't 'sense' the smell in my soup after I've scoop them out. =) It's very good too, but I did not finish the bowl of soup coz it's quite a big portion to tell the truth... and I wanted to save some more space in my tummy for more good food to come! Hah...


Next will be our plats...

Siew Siew ordered this, another dish that I wished I've ordered too...^^

but, oh well, I can taste them too! hehehe



Porc à la moutarde - Slow-roasted pork with wilted spinach and Dijon mustard sauce. I really like the sauce and how the pork's so tender and soft when I put one small portion of it in my mouth.

What I had then? Fish!


Filet de haddock - Roasted fillet of haddock with chorizo, garlic, olive oil, tomatoes & lemon.

When my main course was served, Siew Siew asked why the food that I ordered today consists tomatoes? I have no idea too... Haha.. Just felt like having fish and this is the only one that they offered in the lunch menu.

All main courses are served with a choice of potatoes & seasonal vegetables or pommes fries. I opt for the vegies and Siew had fries.


The veg are good, just not the peas. Blek...

When we're done with our main course, the waiter cleared our table and asked what would we like to have for our dessert. I was looking at the menu and wasn't so interested with them and I asked what's their dessert of the day. He recommended Sticky Pudding...

So, here it is!!!



When the waiter served it to our table, I thought to myself, "This isn't sticky pudding"... But I've forgotten all about it after I've had the first mouth of the dessert... It's actually very moist chocolate brownie with caramel and vanilla ice-cream.


Another dessert...


Tarte au citron - Caramelized lemon tart with raspberry sorbet. Siew Siew ordered this but actually it was me that suggested the dessert to her, and I practically finished her portion of dessert too! *fat, fat, fat!!*

Both of us had an enjoyable meal here, but I can't say the fish is awesome coz it isn't. I don't know, maybe English can't cook fish that well. I've had several 'fish meals' in the UK and none of them are perfect to tell the truth. Maybe my taste bud's prefer the traditional Chinese steamed fish better! LOL....

Anyway, we left the restaurant feeling sooo bloody full. No regrets having French for lunch... Thank you, Debbie if you're reading this! hahahaa....

One more pic of myself and Siew before I close this entry (as usual-lor...) LOL




til then, ttfn!

2 comments:

bloodbubble said...

mushrooms.. my fav!! Where is this resto? how come I didn't notice it when I was in Nott? haha

sunset2712 said...

hahaha I'm not sure where as well.. My friend brought me there.. Went to Notts sooo many times but still am not familiar with the place...