Wednesday, December 2, 2009

SHU's Graduation ceremony

20th of November 2009 mark the day where my academic life officially ends... =) And it's a day for much celebration too..

Mum, sis, niece and nephew came over from Klang to attend the ceremony that was held at Sheffield City Hall that day.


Sheffield City Hall

I woke up quite early that morning and went to collect the graduation gown with my mum and I was feeling kinda excited watching so many graduates from the morning session smiling in glee when taking photographs with their own family and friends that came from far and wide for their achievements...

and here's one of myself and my family...



Initially I do not want to pay for studio photography from the Uni, but they insisted that I take it for remembrance sake... This is a pic taken by SY while waiting for their turn to take a few photographs with her parents and Jason...


Nisha too short so have to stand on the blue stool... lol

After the photography session, we went over to the front of the City Hall to take more photos! hahaha...

Here's a collage with my family...



and my friends!...



and one more with my housemates... missing Edmund (went for Europe tour with his family) and Leow (work)...


Phoenix, me, SY and Huey...

The ceremony starts at 3pm sharp while we were being ushered to the hall like 10 minutes before 3pm! hehehe... There were so many people still standing outside taking more pictures on this special day and I guess there was one point where the personnel working on that day got impatient and direct the others straight into the hall... lol

The usual presentation of various speeches from big shots of the university got me into a boring mood and I (guiltily) took out my phone to chat with friends on MSN... Waited for almost two hours before my call to go on stage and to shake hand with the vice chancellor from the university...


Pic taken by SY from afar... Thankssss so much!

We got out of the hall at about 15 past 5 in the evening and the sky already turned dark... =( But it didn't stop all of us to taking more pictures! haha..!

Here's one pic of me and LeeCheah and friends that came after work... *touched*



and a group photo (not complete)....



... before all of us does like this....



It started to rain a while after that and my niece was already complaining that she's hungry so we went back home to prepare... and then went over to Pho68 Vietnamese Cafe to have dinner with Debb & KC that came all the way from Notts...

Here's the appetisers we had... did not take any of the mains coz was too occupied with all the food that laid on the table that time! hahaha...



One pic of all of us at the restaurant...



Generous gestures from friends... *heart* you guys!


Flowers from Emily, Jelly beans from Phoenix! lurve them...!


No7 hamper from Debb, Kc, Swei and Jyen!

Hhhmmm, before I conclude, just want to post these up... Convocation over the years!..

First convo in KL, and also the happiest!!!
August 2004 - Diploma convocation

With mum and sis...


Diploma classmates...

Second one:
27th May 2006 - Advanced Diploma convocation

Mum and Dad at the college...


Advanced diploma coursemates...

Third one: ( I thought this would be the last graduation for me that time)
11th March 2007 - BA (Hons) convocation


with my Mum and sis @ Shangrila Hotel


with my coursemates.. realised I didn't have any nice group photo... sad..

and lastly.....
20th November 2009 - Masters Degree convocation...


With my mum, sis, niece and nephew in front of the University...

and...


With my coursemates in front of the City Hall... Lurve this pic the most!

Wish all of them the very best in whatever they pursue in the future...Great great bunch of friends that walked/ jogged/ ran along with me during my journey in Sheffield...

1 comment:

~ kC ~ said...

congrats mak cik!! hahaha!