Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dinner at Hofbräuhaus Lindenbräu Berlin

Was suppose to post this earlier but then as usual, because of my 'laziness', this was delayed for more than 2 weeks after our meal in Berlin... =) The place where we had this wonderful dinner was situated at the Sony Centre which I thought they boast a very unique and modern construction in the capital of Germany... I personally liked the colours of the roof that shift from one colour to another from time to time...

Here's one in purple... =)


Had our first dinner in Berlin at Lindenbräu which was recommended by Andrew (thanks!! I know you will read this, so give credit to you first... wakakaka) I personally liked this place to bits, and oh, their food are oh-so-freaking-good too! Hhmmm, all of us were very very hungry and maybe that's why we thought the dinner was very well served! Eventhough the place was practically packed with people (it's a 3 or 4 storey restaurant, mind you), their service was very prompt... *thumbs up on this point* Oh ya, one more extra point for them is that they have menu is several languages as well! Think they have menus in English (obviously), Chinese, Italian, French and Japanese... So cool, right?

Initially I wanted to suggest that we order 3 different meals and share among the 4 of us, but then we ended up ordering 5 portions of food!! Thank goodness all of us brought along a very big appetite to savour on the meal served.^^

While waiting for our drinks and dinner to be served, I took out the souvenirs and postcards that I bought and fill up the time to write some postcards to be sent out to friends from that place.. =)


We opt for different types of drink as well! I ordered this red and sour beer called Berliner Weisse which I thought was quite refreshing after a long day's walk...

What we had that evening? Well, we started off with a meat and cheese platter that comes with bread and pickles and salad and a shot.... I don't fancy this kinda starter, but it was okay overall...


"Brett'ljause " (assorted sliced meats) with cheese, bread and 2 cl schnapps - €11.50


Salami, cheese, and some pickled radish/cabbage? I'm not sure what exactly they are though...

Just few minutes later, our main course were served!

Starting from Yanmun, she had the roasted pork knuckle that was super crispy on the outside (skin) and tender on the inside (meat)...


Roast knuckle of pork with “Sauerkraut” and “Pretzel-dumpling” - €11.60
The gravy that comes with it was very good as well... A sip of beer plus a mouth of meat was perfect for this combination...

Next, WH had this not so appealing dish which I'm sure it's just normal dumpling with some potato filling... If you're a vegie/ salad lover, you might lurve this to bits, but I just don't. hahaha...


“Geschmelzte Maultaschen” with mixed salad - €11.60

Edmund had this which I don't really fancy coz the skin's too soft... It feels kinda 'geli' to actually chew on them...
I lurve the Sauerkraut though, they're actually fermented shredded cabbage that taste quite sour... The rest of them don't really like it, but I like them soo much I had most of them off his plate.. hahaha...


Pork knuckle with “Sauerkraut”, potatoes and purée of peas - €11.60

I was indecisive on whether to have their german sausage or pork knucke at first... But later on I made my decision to order something different from the menu...

So, I chose this...


"Special Brewery Plate"with "Sauerkraut" and Pretzel-dumpling - €13.50

Had their specials with a combination of sausages, grilled pork, potato meat ball, sauerkraut and steamed vegies... Everything from this plate was delicious maybe except for the potato meat ball coz I don't like potatoes... hahahaha

We were practically stuffed up to our throat upon finishing the meal on contrary to the minute we stepped into the place feeling soooo hungry... This restaurant served a generous portion of food and we haven't really got space to put other things on the table after all our mains were placed on the table.. =.=

Hhmmm, so here's one more pic of our dinner before they're gone after like 15 minutes or so only! ^^



til then... more updates on the trip very soon! ttfn...





No comments: