Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cream Cracker Layer Cake

27th October 2009 marks another 'first' time of something in my life. I made a cake!! ^^

It's actually very very simple so that's why I decided to give it a try.. ho ho ho

The ingredients:

200g butter
180g castor sugar
250g cream crackers
5 eggs
1 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp water



The vital ingredients


Method:

1) Grease the cake tin with parchment

2) Cream butter and sugar. Then add eggs. Add cream crackers after eggs. (as below)



3) Pour three quarter of the mixture into the cake tin.



4) Cover with foil (as below) and steam for 20 minutes or til firm.



5) Add the cocoa power to the remaining batter.. When the bottom layer is set, add the cocoa mixture (as below). Cover with foil, and steam for another half an hour.



and voila! my Cream Crackers Layer Cake is ready!!

6) Cut a slice and place it on a plate., and it's ready to be served. =)



One pic of myself and the cake that I've made for the first time in my entire life! Cheers! ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a picture of these crackers to show a co-worker as I bought them for the first time this week and was amazed at how good they are...then discovered your little blog...then the recipe for the cream cracker cake and it looks so yummy I'm going to try it myself. Thanks!