Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy 090909

I accidentally Wiki-ed the number '9' while trying to find info for others just now... and the result was quite interesting actually...

9....

Nine (九) is considered good number in the Chinese culture because it sounds somewhat similar as the word 'longlasting'

Nine is strongly associated with the Chinese dragon, a symbol of magic and power. There are nine forms of the dragon, it is described in terms of nine attributes, and it has nine children It has 9×13 scales, 9×9 being yang (masculine, or bad influence) and 9×4 being yin (feminine, or good influence) ~

The circular altar platform (Earthly Mount) of the Temple of Heaven has one circular marble plate in the center, surrounded by a ring of nine plates, then by a ring of 18 plates, and so on, for a total of nine rings, with the outermost having 81=9×9 plates.

Whoa, I totally didn't know about all these.... hope there's a good day awaiting me as I've finally completed my dissertation yesterday evening!!! Have printed a copy from home, and needs to print another copy later in the library... So costly to print in the Uni. One page 6pence for black and white, and colour printing costs 40 pence per sheet! How crazy is that!! I have about about 20 pages of colour printing to do...ggrrr....

Felt kinda relieved now. Will feel even more lighter after my submission in a bit... ho ho ho.... This marks the end of my course and I can pack up all the books and notes and everything that's related to the course aside, and bid them goodbye!! Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will clean up the mess I left in the room, full of papers and books. Will return the books in few separate times coz they're darn heavy... 15 tests... aih... how I wish the Uni's library is just opposite the road so that I would not need to carry them all the way back... geram... As for now, I can start looking for more source of income and save save save for the future... Weeeeeeeeeeeee...................

Hhhmmm, about 10 of my friends are going to Spain later and I did not follow them coz I've been before last year. Just hope they'll have a super duper great time in the country, and don't forget to miss me for the entire trip... I might not be there with them, but I'll always think of them... They can have the time of their lives there, and I am stuck in Sheffield~so kesian.....

Actually I just wanted to update a short note here...tapi in the end, babble so much... LOL....

How's your 090909, people?

TTFN!!!

2 comments:

Shadow Skipper said...

yeah its indeed a good date...two of my friends registered on this day....walao...dont know when will this kinda date come again...how to wait till 09.09.99???
haih....90 years later...will be dead liao lor...so target 20.10.2010...or 10.10.10....awhhahaha...

sunset2712 said...

Can wait for 10.10.10 or 20.10.2010.. also nice... hehehe.. That will be your wedding? Wei, add me in your blog... You didn't allow me to view