Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pretty Orchid



Lunch in Nottingham at a place called Pretty Orchid. The owner is apparently, from Malaysia and they served Malaysian lunch and Thai dinner. This place kinda cool too... For people who lurves art, it's also an art gallery and those who are interested in buying some paintings can buy them too.




The interior however is a bit simple but relaxing. Very Malacca feel in fact! You know places in Jonker Street with wooden chairs and tables? It's a nice theme for serving Malaysian food... *two thumbs up for it*

The main course was £5.50 and two course's just £7.00 so we opt for the two course lunch.=) Drinks are not included though...

We had Cincau aka grass jelly and I was good coz they didn't add sugar into our drinks. Instead we have this little container of sugar syrup and add them into our drink by own's preference...


Cincau ais....

The service was prompt and we only waited for about 10 minutes before our food was served...

Now, makan time!

Starters....


I had Chicken Satay and it's a lil bit dry though.


Siew ordered Gado Gado. I don't know what that.. Apparently it's an Indonesian styled salad with fried beancurd and beansprouts and cucumber and long beans.. served with peanut sauce [the same sauce as my chicken satay]

Both of us ordered the same thing for mains.


Nasi Lemak....

Actually both of us ordered the same thing, but with different sides-larh... Mine was fish and hers was chicken. Both fried....

Can you tell which was which? I couldn't at first!

When the lady served us our plate of Nasi Lemak, I asked her where is my fish? and the pointed towards my fried mackerel and say that's fish... It makes me feel like I am some sort of silly person asking silly questions... =.=

I was expecting a whole fish and not this actually... LOL...


Could you tell which is chicken? or fish?

I enjoyed my lunch very much but Siew said it was not as good as it used to be. Never mind-la, as long as our empty stomachs were filled, then it's fine by me already... ^^



Sweet sweet mango for dessert. Complementary. *two thumbs up* again...

Alrite, I should conclude this entry now. Here's both of us before our lunch...




TTFN

No comments: