Sunday, August 9, 2009

Evening 070809

Last year's today, I hung out with my closest friend in UK and also the bunch to celebrate the so-called Opening Ceremony of the Olympics in China, which coincidentally falls on a very auspicious day for the Chinese a.k.a 08.08.08. If you don't already know, Chinese lurvesss the number EIGHT [8] coz it's considered to be a number that brings prosperity. For some point, I myself like this number too... ^^Hhmm, why am I terpesong again? We had a great time on that night, from having dinner to bar hopping and ended up celebrating Chloe's birthday at 17, Midland Street.

Yesterday was considered a special day too! It was 07.08.09 and I dine out too... But with a different crowd this time as the rest of the bunch all went back home for good already. =( Missed them so much.............

Anyway, we went over to this place called Frankie & Benny's at Valley Centertainment which served the best American food with Italian dishes... Sounds a lil weird to me, but alas, I went in the end... ^^

They offer a 2-course meal for 9.95 and I go for that while the rest ordered only mains... and we also ordered a family platter appetizer for sharing among ourselves.

We had the F&B Sampler Platter which consists of Barbecued chicken wings, Chicken strips, Spicy onion rings, potatoes, bread sticks, garlic bread, and celery sticks...


Appetizer meant for sharing... =)

My two-course meal:


Chicago Grinder Calzone

The food was neither good nor bad. I would classify it at moderate quality. It wasn't a 'Wow' when my dinner were served. Instead I only looked at my Calzone blankly and offered the rest some out of my portion of 'folded pizza'.

and dessert time.... I opt for this one. Not a good choice I say. The way they described on the menu was really appealing and tempting and attracting.... but... when my dessert was served... I immediately lost my appetite... What a let down...


Summer fruit pancakes and Ice cream

I would rate the food served 3 out of 5 overall... But I'll also give an extra point for their service though... =) Going there for the second time? Well, I can only hope I won't be stepping in for the second time... Prefer Fridays anytime! hahaha...

Anyway, here's a pic of all of us before I sign off in a while more...


VP, DL, LH, JM, Carl, and YM....

til then, t.t.f.n.!!

No comments: