Saturday, July 4, 2009

Whirlow Hall Farm

Following the fun fun experience I had last year, this year I've decided to go back to the same place for strawberries picking, again. ^^ I have chosen a very nice day for strawberries picking this time... Think it was the HOTTEST day this year and all of them 'thanked' me for it...

The lack of sleep of myself, and 3 more girls does affect my mood for the day. I wasn't really into picking the strawberries actually. My sole purpose was to capture some good pictures but all of them turned out, well, so ordinary!!

Will let the pics tell you more about our day...



Depart at Fargate going to Parkhead... Took bus No. 30. Spent £1.20 for the bus fare. Not expensive, but not cheap either, considering the place's only 15 minutes away. hahaha...

Reached the place. Adeline felt kinda dizzy so we stopped at a pub nearby to rest for a while. The poor gil got a lil better, and we proceed to our destination! ...... jeng, jeng, jeng...........


Pick Your Own Fruit, at Whirlow Hall Farm....

Manage to take a solo picture of myself this time around. But sadly, there wasn't a group picture... =.=



Reach the farm, everyone started getting busy in their own world. Some busy taking pictures, some busy picking strawberries, some busy eating the freshly picked fruit! Lol....

After about half an hour or so, our respective baskets were filled with ripe, big, and juicy fresh strawberries!!! This exclude the basket that I was holding coz my skin got quite irritated by the thorns of the plant and they decided to feel rather itchy. So, I stopped picking after only 3 bijis of strawberries and starts to snapping away and also not forgetting disturbing the others as well..


So redddddddddddd.... I like!


This picture was inspired by one of the captures by VP last year.... Nice?


Myself, and Shin Huey....


Ten of us went....


Housemates.... Notice all of us wearing either Red or Pink? Semangat perpaduan residents Club Garden Rd.


Me, me, and more me!

After everyone feeling satisfied taking pictures in the farm, we then proceed to the farm shop and pay for our fruits... Mine only costs 1.50 quid!! Paid for it and then wait for the rest to pay for their fruits and went downhill to wait for bus to return to Sheffield city centre... ^^

While waiting, we go nothing much to do.... So, what we do next? Capture more pictures-larh.. What else kan?



Even when we were in the bus going back, I continued snapping few more pics for rememberance... hehehe...


Myself, and Shinhuey plus two more nuisance in the background. Joking about the nuisance part, both of them are my lovely housemate.. hahahah

One last pic before concluding this entry... ^^



Got back home, feeling so darn tired and I slept before 9.00pm that very night! ZZZzzzZZzzz...............

TTFN

4 comments:

bloodbubble said...

so much strawberries..! can send some over? LOLz

sunset2712 said...

How to send over? By the time they reach M'sia,it'll be rotten... LOL... But, u can view more pics in facebook as compensation...

Eileen Lim said...

Hi,
I saw your blog while searching for Whirlow Farm, and i think your writing is fantasic!
Say, I'm keen on going to Whirlow farm as i am now doing my summer semester programme in Sheffield. From Church Street, which destination should i be stopping, so that i don't bring the wrong bell. =)

Cheers!

sunset2712 said...

Hi Eileen, you can just ask the driver to give you a shout when you are about to reach the destination... do check out my 2010 entry on whirlow too! >> http://sunset2712.blogspot.com/2010/07/strawberry-farm-2010.html and thanks by dropping by... wish i was there to guide the new batch this year.. anyway, have fun and remember not to wear slippers if you're going to the farm, the thorns will prick ur feet and leg..