Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nottingham

Think I've been to Nottingham for 3 or 4 times already, but never have I blog about the place. Usually I go there to visit cutie Siew and I always loved her hospitality and company. Catching up with old friends is a bliss, even better if the person has lots of gossip to fill me in! hahaha...

I've been to Notts again on Friday and this time was purely an 'eating and shopping' day trip! hahaha.... The weather's not so good, so when we were walking outdoor and the rain started to pour, we would stop by at a place and have food or tea or even better, (window) shop!

Will break down my trip this time to a few parts coz I think the meals we had need a separate entry... hehehe... For now, it's just the some of the highlights of the day! ^^

The first stop was lunch at Pretty Orchid.


Pretty Orchid for Malaysian lunch...

then followed by a walk at the city centre and having a taste of summer and man-made beach in the middle of the city in Nottingham...


See... got kids, got family, got sand, got water, got theme park rides, surrounded by buildings!!

Then half way enjoying sighseeing, it rained! So, we need shelter and we ended up in The Exhange shopping centre coz it was the nearest shelter from where we were before it rained.


This is where my dear friend Debbie bought one of her skirts that day and me ended up with nothing... =.=

Then the rain stopped.... So, we continued to go for sight see and window shopping and it rained for another time...!

So, we stopped by at this place called The Walk, which is one of the most popular cafe in Notts... It's something like the Bettys in York... Nice environment, tasty pastries, and cut throat prices... I have never been for English tea over here so Siew brought me there... =)


Tea time at The Walk

Then we walk walk walk at the City Centre again, and hopped over to Robin Hood Castle to visit Mr Robin Hood himself and then guessed what? It RAINED AGAIN!! wtf,...


Robin Hood Castle entrance...



So, we quickly walk over to the nearby pub, which coincidentally was the oldest pub/ inn in Britain and we went in for a glass of ale.


The Trip to Jerusalem...


Taken from the place where we were seated...

By the time the rain stopped, it was still early and we were still very full... So, we continue to shop for about an hour and then meet up with Siew's friend for dinner.. They brought me to this decent Italian restaurant that has the biggest menu I've even seen and also served very good Italian food... ^^


Saw the menu? HUGE!

After dinner, it was time to big goodbye and they accompanied me to the train station and I took the train back... and that's my one whole day of eating and eating and eating in Nottingham with Siew... hahaha...

TTFN

2 comments:

Debbie said...

eh.. i get update gossips from you leh.

did u take food pics at Antibo?

sunset2712 said...

hahaha yups! think will post them next week... very lazy now... lol