Friday, June 26, 2009

Makan-makan di Sheffield

Mavis and her friends came over for the weekend and what we did the whole day?

Eat, sight see (not that Sheffield City has a lot to offer), eat, and eat! *faint*

They reached here at around 11 in the morning and Andrew fetched dropped them over to my place to leave their luggage.

Then the first thing I suggested was to have breakfast but it's too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. So, we walked ramble around the city centre for a while til lunch time.

Brought them to Llyods Bar to have lunch coz they wanted to have English... I like having my meals here coz it's not so costly and their portions are always generous.. ^^ I shared a portion of Mixed Grill with Mavis and ordered each of us a Koppaberg and Archers Lemonade...



All of us was in the mood of taking photos and we have captured over 100 pictures just during lunch time! LOL...



Was satisfied with the meal and these are what's left on the table before we headed to our next stop....



Took mor pictures in from of the City Hall and Peace Gardens... Relaxing on the grass field was truly a joy! Free from all worries and other stuff..... *I likeee.....*



Went over to the Winter Garden and Millenium Galleries to enjoy the artsy fartsy stuff exhibit there.... Frankly, it's not that I do not want to appreciate the art works, but I really do know very little on arts.... hehehe


I like this quote, "There is no wealth but life."

Walked further to High Street and this is where out sight see stopped. I can see that the girls really lurves shopping coz we've spent almost 3 hours on that... We can still continue shopping but most of the shops close at 6.00pm....

I was not really in the mood for shopping so myself and Mavis sit and have a chat at Starbucks Coffee while waiting for her friends...


Me with my Java Chips at Orchard Square's Starbucks...

By the time we walked back to my place, it was almost 7pm already. Each of us took turns for shower and ready for dinner later on....

We had our dinner at Ph068 coz I liked this place alot... Waiter and waitress were friendly and they serve good food too! =)

I never fail to order their Spring Rolls and Vietnamese Chicken Salad everytime I pay a visit there... So, this time was no exception too... hehehe.... There are what we had for the evening:





I repeatedly asked the girls are the food alright coz I'm afraid they wouldn't like it... And they said it's good... So there, me feeling contented with their answers... hahaha

Enjoyed my weekend [Friday] with my new friends from Liverpool and hope to see them very soon...

One last pic of them before I conclude this entry... ^^


Left to right: Joyce, Fiona, Lee Hoon, Carrie and Mavis...

TTFN

No comments: