Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Italiannies

Went over to The Gardens for some serious shopping with Wey Lu and my niece and our stomach were growling like crazy half way shopping... So, we went over to Tony Roma's and have a look what they have to offer and found the menu not so interesting...

My friend wanted to have spaghetti so I suggested that we can have a try at Italiannies.. We were actually at the second floor and went to the ground floor to look for what to have for lunch. Then, we went up to the second floor again to look for Italiannies... It's at the other corner and we have to walk all the way to the restaurant... T_T


At one corner near the Robinsons on the 2nd floor of The Gardens

Everytime I pay a visit to Italiannies, I never fail to order 2 things...

No. 1 is the Grape Shake... It's just some blended ice and grapes mixed together but then it blended to well and I need to order them everytime I am there! hahaha...


Grape shake... *slurp*



The waitress brought some bread with herbs over before we ordered our meal.


Dip the bread into the pool of Vinegar and Olive oil... shiokness!

Knowing that the portion served will be big, we ordered only one main and two more sides.... and the portion of the side dishes are huge too! I wanted to order lasagne too, but in the end stopped myself from ordering coz we'll stuffed ourselves to the maximum with some serious cheese overload.

First, we had this....

Spinach & Artichoke Formaggio


Parmesan cheese blended with spinach, artichoke & mushrooms. Served with toasted garlic bread. RM 29.90



Seriously, this dish was very good the first time you put them into your mouth. *salivate* It's very cheesy, and creamy, and the garlic bread was super duper fantastic! So good that now as I was typing this, I feel like going back to have the heavenly garlic bread!


Second dish we ordered....

Spaghetti & meatballs


Homemade seasoned meatballs, served with marinara sauce. RM 30.90

The spaghetti was not that great. It's a bit of a let down when I tasted this... Had much better tasting ones.. ^^


Finally, another must-order food on the menu, their Stuffed Mushrooms!


Oven-roasted mushroom caps, stuffed with Italian chicken sausage, three-Italian cheeses, spinach and herbs. RM 20.90



Still remember the first time I had this with Li Li and we ordered this. At first thought, what's so great about mushroom and cheese? It's just very normal and I can make them myself without having to pay so much for them too... hahaha...

I was sooo very wrong, I tried making them once, and I failed sooooo darn miserably...

THIS.. IS.. THE.. REAL.. DEAL..


I love them to bits. ^^

Had a great time and enjoyed the meal while catching up with what's going on with my friend. Yak yak yak for quite some time til my niece said it's time for us to go... hahaha....

Last pic of us....


Each of us with the dish of our choice. heh heh....

ttfn

4 comments:

said...

Wah!!! See Lee Hoon why only post the food there, how about our crazy shopping?

That is the whole purpose that we having to gather in Mid Valley? Isnt?

Haha all rite, i know your main point to come Mid Valley was to eat eat eat before you go back to find your honey in UK.....

Ok, i do agree that the sphageti wasnt as good as what we thought earlier, i think i won't order again next round.

My friend take care oh, don't know when we can be together and go crazy shopping and of course eating.

Really happy to meet you there even you brought along your niece , which i still feel a bit.......

sunset2712 said...

LOL... crazy shopping need not mention here-larh. ^^

Amelia Ooi said...

love the stuffed mushrooms too!!! =))

joanneleeyc said...

i like the stuffed mushrooms too!!! its so delicious lor...