Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tarn Thai Restaurant



Been visiting Nottingham to meet up with Debbie and she brought me and LC for lunch in this Thai restaurant which I thought was worth paying a second visit to.

We had the set meal promotion for lunch at 7 quid per person which includes a three course meal from a variety of yummy food to choose from. What a bargain! =)

We started off with appetisers where it was quite difficult for me to order which one I would prefer best. It took me quite some time to decide what I want finally coz I want a lil bit of everything from the menu. LOL... But these are what we ordered for sharing...


Poh Pia Tord - Deep fried spring rolls, stuffed with vegies and vermicelli. I would say this does not lift up to what I have expected to. Maybe it's because I picked Pho68's vegetarian spring rolls as a benchmark. Nothing, I repeat, I say nothing beats Pho68's spring rolls... muahahahaha....


Chicken, wrapped with pandan leaves. Am giving this a two thumbs up. The meat was tender and it was finely marinated. Yumm.....


Satay Gai - Strips of grilled marinated chicken, served with peanut sauce and cucumber relish. My personal favourite! So so so so sooooooooo sedap. But too bad, each person can only have one coz there are only 3 satays in one portion.

Then we had our main course. By this time, I was quite full already.


I ordered Red curry with roasted duck, served with steamed rice. *paiseh* Forgotten to take a picture of the curry here. LOL



Here's a picture of us, featuring the curry as well. =)


This is what LC ordered. Stir fry beed with basil leaves. It was kinda spicy for me.


Debbie's Pud Thai. I give this extra credit coz I have been longing to have Thai styled Kueh Tiau for a very long time now! ^^

We were soooooooooooo full after having this, and then Siew suggested us to have the dessert and I have no objection to it. hehe.. While sipping away to our hot tea, we waited patiently for them to prepare the dessert for us. And, here it is.....


Sticky rice with fresh mango, topped with coconut milk and sesame seeds. MMmmmm.....

After lunch, we went for some window shopping and walk walk walk walk walk to burn off the calories. ^^ Ciaoz....

No comments: