Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008 Gathering

Note: A very long entry ahead.

I've been very occupied with gatherings with the bunch I hang out in Sheffield for the past few days. From Dong Zhi Festival til 3 days after Christmas, we were still having lots of fun staying indoor with friends happily chit chatting, to playing the old time board games 'The Monopoly", to playing guitar and having an awesome time singing together... ^^

Well, I'll just update on the night before Christmas, and the subsequent 3 days here. =)

Our first party started on the Eve of Christmas and we had a dresscode for the night. All of us will have to come in either Red, or White, or better still, a mixture of both colours! We have prepared a few variety of food for everyone (there are about 20 of us if I'm not mistaken). I have prepared 3 types of food.... from starter, to main course, to dessert.


Starter: mini chicken cubes salad


Main: Pasta


Dessert: Homemade Tiramisu


The rest of the dishes

Have to give credit to Andy gor gor coz most of the dishes were prepared by him alone!!! I particularly lurveeeeee the roast turkey. OK-lah, that was like pre-prepared, but then it was still oven baked for almost two hours and the texture were superb! ho ho ho....


Turkey....


My plate of goodness.... A slice of the roast turkey, Salad, Yorkshire Pudding with mashed potato and sausage

Next up would be a surprise birthday cake for me. Frankly, I did not expect they would prepare a cake for me on that day. Just felt......... really happy, really really happy. That's the word. hehehe...




Myself, my 'One' year old birthday cake, and the Christmas tree


One more close up. ^^

We didn't cut the cake immediately coz all of us were still stuffed with dinner prepared a while ago. So, we did lots and lotssssssss of camwhoring... taking picture of everything. Can't post it here though, some of them would strangle me if I do. LOL... Here are some decent ones.... =)


Us trying to pose using Paper, Scissors, Rock.


The merry bunch....

After some taking for about 100 photos or so, we proceed on to our exchange gifts session! All of us have to bring a gift for the exchange gifts session and then everyone were given a number to put into a glass for the lucky dip.


The glass.....


Our Christmas Tree and gifts....


Another picture of the gifts..... =)

Before proceeding to the 'lucky dip' session, I called all of us to have a picture with the gifts and Christmas tree first. All of us will take a pictures according to the given number. heheheh...


Number 5 & 6... Shin Huey and Lee Hoon

I got Kent's gift, where as Andy gor gor got mine.


Kent and I with my present!!!!!!

Before I unwrap my present, Kent repeatedly said, if I don't like the gift, he would replace it. -__- Aiseh, this is only one little exchange present thingy la, it's the thought that counts, don't need to take it so seriosly... So, I just ignore him and pretended I didn't hear him. hahaha


Cheng, cheng cheng.... Got myself a pair of oversized glove. wakakaka....


Andy gor gor and I, plus the gift and a card. ^^

He doesn't seem to like the gift... but personally I liked that a lot... So I only bought it mah... hehehe... I bought a set of panaroma puzzle for the exchange gift session, which I think was damn beautiful lor the scenery. LOL.


Another pic of me with the glove and tree... Lurve it. =D

Fei Zai had gotten May's gift (a torchlight) and he had really put the gift into a good use and humour all of us that night.


Hantu yang pakai baju merah

All of us were practically laughing out loud looking at his cute expression when taking the picture in the dark. Wah, when thinking of it makes me want to laugh again.

Anyway, we went back home at almost 7 in the morning. All of us were practically drained out.. no more energy edi, so need to go home and charge our battery. Lol. Hhmm, will proceed to the second day of our gathering next.


25th of December 2008.

Shin Huey were realllyyyyy thoughtful when she bought all of us (in the house) a gift each, and place them under out mini pink christmas tree that was bought by Phoenix about a month ago. ^^ I saw them the first thing I went down in the living room and then quickly ran up to my room and take my camera down. =)




The gifts, plus my Kung Fu fighting rat. Mine was the sock: Me to You wan leh!!!!!! TQVM

Andy asked us to have dinner at their place again coz there were a lot of leftovers from yesterday's party. Before I went to his place, I stopped by Sharon's place to collect my party pack (of Mamee, Nano nano, Twisties, and my favourite coconut candy!!!!!) from Jon.

They had their Christmas tree decorated so nicely I couldn't help but to take a few picture of them before leaving. heheheh....


See... so many gifts under the Christmas tree.... Shiokness!


Myself and the trees plus dunno who's gifts... Not mine definitely. =(

Then myself and Shin Huey walked over to Midland Street for another round of food (same as previous day). ^^ There are quite a number of people cramped in their living room yesterday and it was kinda noisy. It's totally different when we first arrived at their house on the second day of gathering.


Another portion of roast turkey on Christmas day. Yummmmmmmm..........

Just the few of us, having dinner, chilling on the sofa.... until...... the unplug karaoke session begin. tee hee....



Mosquito (Mun Chai) brought his laptop and guitar over. Initially I wanted to watch some movie and I kept pestering someone to bring down their laptop but none of them listened until mosquito said that his laptop was just here in the living room all along. So, being the very 'sakai' me (only for that moment), he straightaway kena tembak from me larh... wakakaka....

Ok, back to the karaoke session story. I don't know how it relates to singing songs wan lor... Really salute mosquito for being so patient and play all the songs that we randomly picked for more than an hour. hahaha.... We were having a blast singing to the songs that he played....


Syok sendiri, only I was aware of the camera... ho ho ho

We sang and sang and sang til his hand got tired and finally stopped. Then, we continued to another game of Monopoly. Four of us played the board game and that left another 4 or 5 person playing Mahjong. I can't play the Mahjong, can only settle with Monopoly instead. hehehehe....

We left at about half past 4 and then went to Sharon's place again. They were having another drinking session and I was one of the victim lor. Visitor firstly have to drink a shot, and then followed by a few more. I was kinda tired and that point of time so I excuse myself to go home. Then, balik also need to drink another shot. *faint*




A picture taken by a very drunk person. -___-

Can't believe when I slept til almost 2 pm the next day!!! (26th of December 2008) It was Boxing day and I planned to go out for some serious (window) shopping wan lor. Mana tau, my plan got destroyed out of my sleeping time. Sigh....

I called some of the people from my phone book and got so fed up coz all of them were shopping in Meadowhall!!!!!!!! Never mind lor I thought. Went out together with Shin Huey and walk with her for a while before she went to work. So, after that I ramble alone at the city centre's high street. Didn't manage to get myself anything coz didn't have the mood to shop. -___- Went home feeling so sad.

Rest for about an hour and then I went out again to join Sharon and gang for dinner in Wong Ting. It was my first time stepping my foot on the restaurant after almost a year here. The restaurant seems to be nicer looking than the ones I visited often. Lol.... Anyway, I had a great time having dinner with so many of them.. (13 if I'm not mistaken). hehehe.... Then proceed to having a movie (Australia) with Phoenix and Su Shin in Odeon. Don't ask me how was the movie... Go watch it and find out yourself k. For me, it was kinda good. =)

Anyway, the movie ended and then I followed the both of them to Pho68 to join the rest there. We reached there at almost 11pm if I'm not mistaken. And I got another surprise.... ho ho ho.... I wanted to go home earlier and then Phoenix asked me to stay on coz she said she's gonna go back early too... So, I listened to her and then when the clock strikes 12.... they sang a birthday song for me!!!!!! Not one version, BUT 4 different versions... hahaha... Made me feel kinda paiseh also coz the boss of the restaurant was there as well...



We left about an hour later and then I did not feel sleepy and then ended up stayed awake til the next morning (27th of December) and went shopping with Shin Huey in Meadowhall! ho ho ho...

We just went into 3 shops in the shopping mall and I wanted to go home to rest edi. Spend quite a lot in Swarovski and Clintons buying gifts for myself, mum and also for my dearest Fei. hehehe... The 'Me to You' Bears were seriously CHEAP............. So, I ended up with all these on my table now.


Really can't help it lor... sigh. Really had a weakness in these...

Once finish shopping and I felt dead tired by the time I reached home. Although tired, but then I still can't seems to sleep... So spend a few more hours doing nothing and waited til dinner time where I met FZ and Yanna to have dinner in Pho68 (again). Lol... After dinner, was being asked to Midland St for yet another gathering with the bunch again. This time, I can't really recall what we did, but then I know the rest of the guys were playing mahjong til morning that night. *faint*

The subsequent day were spent the same way... Still gathering at their place til morning and came home to sleep til evening... lol.....


Christmas gifts received.... =)

Today, I was resting at home and think back what I did for the past week.... Hhmm, it was absolutely nothing, except for enjoying ourselves to the MAX before the year ends and we would have to work hard for our assignments and most importantly, the THESIS.... bbbrrrrr..........

Phew, think I've gotten too long on the grandma stories for today... Gotta stop now. So, TTFN! =)

Have a great year ahead, guys and girls.... Ciao....

1 comment:

bloodbubble said...

wow super long post! U know, each time i come to your blog, i get very hungry looking at all the yummy food pics u have here :P hehe